Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dear Oprah Show Day 4

Dear Oprah Show...

I'm writing to you today to request tickets to come see a taping of the show. I'm not really sure what the "right" process for requesting tickets is, but I figured I'd email you and give it a shot. I have always admired Oprah and the topics that she brings to the surface for the public. The shows are fun, informative and educational...I'm not quite sure who will fill that void when it goes off the air in 2011.

A few months ago I thought I was finally going to get my ticket to come to the show. I was walking through Woodfield Mall with my boys when a friendly woman stopped me and asked if she could interview me about fashion. I chuckled as I stood there in my mom-uniform and probably looked at her like she had 3 heads! Me? Fashion? HA! But I told her my thoughts on camera and prayed that I wasn't embarrassing my family (Could it be a frumpy mommy make-over show??). After we spoke and I signed the release forms she mentioned they didn't know exactly what path the show was going to take but that it was going to be with Rita Wilson about fashion and asked if she could call me later that week.

I hoped that she would...but tried to tell myself that she wouldn't because I didn't want to be too disappointed (and even though I kept telling myself that over and over, by the end of the week I was getting a make-over, a spa day and a new car!!). Alas she didn't call...and my dream of coming to the show slipped through my fingers! So I decided the other day that I wasn't going to let that stop me and I was going to try my hardest to get tickets to the show! So if you have 2 tickets to spare (Heck, I would take one ticket and come ALONE!!)...please consider sending them to me :)!

If for some reason this email finds it's way into a vortex of unread emails...I'll send you another one tomorrow. If you didn't happen to see my email yesterday you can find it here -http://dearoprahshow.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment