Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Oprah Show Day 11

Hi Oprah Peeps...

Day 11 in my quest to get tickets to come see the Oprah show! I'm so excited to come, I just know you are going to make this happen for me :)! I wrote to the show a few times in years past because I have the most awesome group of "online mommy friends" that live all across the country. I think it would be a great show topic - bringing together people who met online, are part of each other's everyday lives, but most of whom have never met in person! Don't you think that would be fun?

My special group of ladies all have children that were born in Sept 2003! We all met on babycenter.com while pregnant or shortly after giving birth. There are a few of us who live here in Chicagoland and see each other on a regular basis, there are a few of us that make a point to meetup while we are in town for business or travelling, and there are some who we've travelled specifically to meet and spend time with! We have tried to organize a big meetup with everyone in the past and it hasn't happened because of husbands loosing their jobs, getting pregnant or having a nursing baby, or that our husbands don't get why we'd want to travel across the country to meet strangers. But we are not strangers, we are family. I love these girls with all my heart...they have been there for me through post-partum depression, the birth of both of my boys, through family medical issues and just listen to the mundane routine of my everyday life. They are my sounding board, my counselors and my advisors. I know that I can always turn to them (even when I'm still in my jammies, haven't showered or brushed my teeth)!

I didn't get a response before, but I thought I would mention them again because I do think it would make a really fun show topic! And even if you don't agree, I would still love (and appreciate) an opportunity to come see the show!

If for some reason this email finds it's way into a vortex of unread emails...I'll send you another one tomorrow. If you didn't happen to see my email yesterday you can find it here -http://dearoprahshow.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment