Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dear Oprah Show Day 1

I'm writing to you today because coming to a taping of The Oprah Show has always been one of those things "I'd love to do in my life". I am a SAHM of 2 little boys and although I rarely get to watch the show live, I do DVR it everyday to watch later when my boys are in bed (gotta love the invention of the DVR)! When I watched Oprah tell her viewers several months back that she'd be ending her show in 2011 I was heart broken. I actually sat on my couch and had "a moment" because I felt like I missed my chance. Part of me was sad because although I have a degree in television production, I never applied to work for Harpo and felt regret about that. But even more than that surely all of the tickets for the next year and a half would be quickly snatched up and I would never get to come see the show tape in person.

Last night as I slept I decided in my dream that I was going to find a way to get tickets to the show because I didn't want to always look back and think "I should have tried harder" or "That was something I really wish I had done". I think sometimes as mothers we forget to put energy behind our own dreams and ambitions. I have spent so much time over the past 7 years doing things for my children that I kind of forgot that I am a "go-getter" and I can make things happen if I put my mind to it.

So when I woke up this morning I decided to make the time to "put my mind to it"! Step 1: writing you this email to request tickets to an upcoming taping. And don't worry, if this email finds it's way into a vortex of unread emails...I'll send you another one tomorrow (and the next day and the next - remember that part about putting my mind to it?) I'll be posting my emails here if by chance you want to follow along :) - http://dearoprahshow.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment